Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Here Comes Spanish Johnny




















"Spanish Johnny drove in from the underworld last night..." Oh yes. The Boss has him sittin´ on one of those typical New York City fire escapes in all his bruised glory, watchin´ the kids playin´ down in the street. "Hey little heroes, summer's long but I guess it ain´t very sweet around here anymore..."

Meanwhile in Dublin, the lads from the Virgin Prunes think better of it when Johnny comes a-knockin´. "He said ´Do you wanna join my gang?´, I said ´You must be joking...´ Spanish Johnny got caught and went to jail to be a nice fellow for a long time..."

Bruce Springsteen - Incident On 57th Street MP3
Virgin Prunes - Ballad Of The Man MP3

1 comment:

Holly said...

Never, EVER, did I expect someone to link Bruce & Gavin(besides Gavin himself). You are now officially my hero ;-)